Friday, June 8, 2012

Hard times come again no more



I'm sorry to end the week on a down note, but I'm struck by a job loss situation that hit close to home. My wife works in health care; her facility was affected by layoffs recently. She's all right, thankfully. But a number of people won't be -- and there are a number of families who have lost either their primary or secondary breadwinner. That hurts -- there's no other words for it.

For those of us who work in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry, I know it must seem like all other fields have more stability. Statistically, I don't doubt that it's true. But I have a feeling (maybe a tough week at work, and in economic news) that things are still hard all over.

Best wishes to all of us. 

2 comments:

  1. Best advice I can give from having been on the other side is to talk to those affected. It's hard enough to lose you job, but to then be isolated because no one wants to talk to you...

    You see the same thing with cancer patients, families where deaths have occurred...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with John. Bring over a casserole or something - just to say you are thinking of that family. It is a loss, a period of bereavement and shock.

    I just wish we could prosecute the perpetrators...

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20