Monday, April 22, 2013

This week's C&EN

In this week's C&EN, a variety of interesting articles:
  • I don't really understand how this Jana Partners/Ashland thing (article by Melody Bomgardner) is going to work out. The perils of being a publicly-owned business, I guess, is dealing with hedge funds and the like. They're not into "increasing shareholder value" -- seems to me that they just want cash, now. (Fair enough, I suppose.) 
  • Sounds like ammonium nitrate was the culprit (article by Jeff Johnson) in the West, Texas explosion. I look forward to hearing about what the facility was up to, and why there was a fire. 
  • Carmen Drahl's always excellent article about drug structure disclosures at ACS NOLA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20