Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Job posting: research scientist, Living Proof, Cambridge, MA

From the inbox, another full-time position at Living Proof:
This position requires the successful candidate to be an adept, hands-on chemist with extensive experience in materials and polymer, polymer materials modification and characterization, and formulation development. 
Fundamental understanding of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property relationships and utilization towards application development is also required. 
Ph.D. in Chemical engineering, Polymer science, Material Science, Chemistry or a related discipline. 2+ years industry or equivalent experience developing novel compounds or materials including polymers, solvents, drug delivery agents and formulations, polymeric systems, and related material development.
Full description here. Best wishes to those interested. 

4 comments:

  1. I walk by this building all the time in Cambridge. They have two large pics of Jennifer Aniston on the front of the building. Luckily I'm not in a position to look for work as a chemist. I don't know - I wouldn't be able to have to look at Jennifer Aniston every day and do good chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually interviewed there about 6 or 7 years ago... No pictures of Jennifer Aniston then!... As I was coming from pharma I kept getting asked about my feeling about working in cosmetics. I think it was the whole significance of curing people of diseases vs making then look pretty.

    I said I just want a job that is interesting and challenging... science is science... I guess that was not the right answer as I did not get the job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people involved with this company. They're pieces of shit, you dodged a bullet.

      Delete
  3. I actually have heard good things...

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20